With summer fast approaching you may be thinking about home upgrades. Whether you’re a prospective seller or a longtime homeowner, revamping your space may be on your to-do list. Before you begin, check out these design trends and learn how to make them your own.
Quick Decorating Touches
- Add the latest color. From deep emerald to the lime hue of Greenery (the Pantone Color of the Year), verdant shades are instant hits. To incorporate the trend, sprinkle in a few eye-catching accessories or splurge on a plush, room-filling rug.
- Bring in bronze and brass. These of-the-moment metallics look luxurious, but they have economical price tags and complement a variety of colors and styles. Spruce up your kitchen cabinets with brass handles or use bronze light fixtures to warm up a room.
- Toy with texture. Whether you’re drawn to fabric wallpaper, a decorative wall hanging or a collection of well-placed throw pillows, texture is an easy way to make a space more inviting. And don’t shy away from mixed materials like leather and wool.
- Enrich your entryway. You have only one chance to make a first impression. For a small investment, you can transform your home’s entrance with an artisan-crafted credenza or an oversized mirror that amplifies the natural light.
- Update your countertops. Laminate options fashioned from recycled granite or glass are easy on the wallet and the environment. Want to go all out? Lighter shades in quartz, marble and wood are popular upgrades in today’s kitchens.
- Establish a shedquarters. Whether you work from home, want a relaxing retreat or host houseguests regularly, a separate on-site structure aptly dubbed a “shedquarters” may be a worthy addition.
From a quick, low-budget change to a well-planned build-out, homeowners have several options when it comes to implementing the latest home design trends.
Fentress Builders Can Help
If you’re thinking about some upgrades to your home, Fentress Builders provide the highest quality home construction and upgrade services – but more importantly, we help our customers make the home upgrade decisions that are right for them. We know the importance of planning ahead for home upgrades and our highly trained home upgrade specialists can assess your needs and help develop a timeline for home upgrades that protect both your home and your assets.
Please contact Fentress Builders, Inc. to schedule your free comprehensive home upgrade assessment. You can call us at (317) 541-3600 or (877) 424-5364. You can also fill in any one of these contact us forms to get in touch with our leadership team or project managers. You can also complete this form.