Summer is the time to roll-up your sleeves and repair all the damage winter and spring have done to your home. It’s time to restore your home’s beauty and make sure that all problems are resolved. The temperature is ideal for repairs and you have some time on your hands to get the job done. At Fentress Builders Inc, we recommend these small maintenance and repairs for your home this summer.
Deep Cleaning – Indoor
While cleaning is usually associated with spring, these there from aspects of your home you can forget or ignore. If you clean these aspects of your home, you’ll prolong the life of several appliances and keep your home in top shape; so you need to clean:
- Refrigerator coils and door gasket.
- Range hood and filter
- Bathroom vents, fans, drains, and showerheads
- Ceiling fans in all rooms.
- Clothes dryer vent pipe.
- Air conditioner filter
- Hot water heater
There are several outdoor structures that you need to clean, repair, and maintain to make sure your home is steady and damage-free and they include:
- Mold and mildew
- Damaged roof flashing and uprooted roof tiles
- Cracks and holes on the driveway
- Roof gutters and downspouts
- Air conditioner drain pipe
Doors and Windows
Doors and windows are vulnerabilities in your home that you should inspect thoroughly before autumn and winter set in. Even autumn is very cold in Indianapolis so it’s a good idea to take care of insulation and repairs during the summer. Here’s what you need to look out for:
- Rotting wooden frames and foggy panes
- Damaged seal
- Damaged hinges and handles
- Water damage around the window sill and door frames
These home repair tips will help ensure your property is in good shape and ready for upcoming seasons.